TRIPPLE RULES FOR SHOWDOWN|
The following system was introduced at 3rd EC 2006 in Den Bosch, the Netherlands.
1.1 Team competition is played according to the IBSA showdown rules valid for the individual men and women category.
1.2 The propositions of the European Championships and the World Championships are valid up to the end of year 2012.
2.1 Team must be mixed, i.e. the line-up consists of 2 men players and 1 women players and/or vice-versa.
2.2 It is possible to change 1 player up to the complete team for a new match during the competition (team consists of 5 players). Players must not be signed under the squad list of a different national team, e.g. a player from national team A cannot play for national team B during the tournament.
3.1 Winner of the match is a team which reaches 31 points with the margin of 2 points, e.g.: 31:29.
3.2 In case the score is 31:30, play must end by 2-point margin rule e.g.: 32:30, 36:34. If the 2-point margin rule is not achieved, play commances up to reaching 37 points. Team which reaches 37 points do not need to win by 2-point margin.
3.3 Each player has 3 serves after which he/she goes away and leaves the serves to his team-mate who must first catch 3 serves by the opponent player.
4.1 Before the play starts, coaches must announce the line-up to the main referee and assign the numbers by which the players go to serve and catch.
4.2 Players must stay in the room for they must be ready to change his/her team-mate.
4.3 Before the start of play, players assigned as no. 1 begin playing and choose the draw (head or tail).
System of play
1. Player 1 from team A (A1) serves 3 times against player 1 from team B (B1).
2. After 3 serves player A1 leaves, and player B1 serves 3 times against player A2.
3. After 3 serves player B1 leaves, and player A2 serves 3 times against player B2.
4. After 3 serves player A2 leaves, and player B2 serves 3 times against player A3.
5. After 3 serves player B2 leaves, and player A3 serves 3 times against player B3.
6. After 3 serves player A3 leaves, and player B3 serves 3 times against player A1.
7. After 3 serves player B3 leaves, and player A1 serves 3 times against player B1.
Such order is repeated up to reaching 31 points (see Article 3).
One-minute (60 seconds) time out is allowed for each team during the match.
© Copyright 2009-2013 by SIF Synskadades Idrottsförening, Sweden. All rights reserved.